Monday, November 5, 2012

whew


Am I glad that's over.


Halloween. I don't love it.

I do love Halloween kisses and candy corn but halloween scariness? No thanks.

I don't like scary movies.

I can't watch them..

...Ghostbusters is about as scary as it gets for me.




I like the costumes and the kids... and the candy and the pumpkins and the skulls.

But I don't like scary that's all.


I was disappointed this year I only had a handful (maybe 10 or so) kids come to my door.
Confession: House (film) I actually liked this one.

 It made me sad, until I realized that that meant more candy for me!






4 comments:

  1. Mmmm... the original kisses are good... but the vanilla flavoured ones are AWESOMENESS.

    I love Halloween. I hope that next year I'll be able to stay home for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think in all the years I've lived up here on this mountain we've had maybe three kids come all the way up the drive-way. Part of it is the drive-way itself but mainly it's the critters. Most of the people who live up here take their kids down into town to go trick or treating. They don't run into too many bears down there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I lived in the country it was the same for me. My house was just outside the town boundaries and I'd get the kids I knew but that was it. I had hoped moving to town would change that alas it's not so... I think the tradition of halloween is waning .. here at least and while I'm not a huge halloween fan, it still makes me sad. The stuff that I do like (the trick or treating and costumes) is what is dwindling but the yuck bits .. the scary stuff is on the rise.. ugh..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halloween - I luvs it. It is my second favorite time of the year.

    And no one does scary movies right anymore - too much gore and violence. THAT is not scary, it's queasy.

    ReplyDelete